Wednesday 20 August 2014

James: There's more to come

James Rodriguez has voiced his delight with his goal in Real Madrid's 1-1 Supercopa de Espana draw against Atletico Madridand has warned that he will only get better in the weeks to come.
The former Monaco star came off the bench at half-time to replace Cristiano Ronaldo - who had picked up a knock in the opening 45 minutes - and opened the scoring in the 81st minute, only for Raul Garcia to restore parity in the closing stages of the game.

"I'm happy because it is day I had dreamed of. I'm getting there bit by bit and training session by training session. I'm improving. Hopefully I can score many more goals," James told the official Madrid website.
"I scored a goal, but we wanted to win and that wasn't to be. The victory was within reach, but now we have to go out to win in the Calderon. We have to be patient, look for spaces, pass the ball and try to score there.
"As a great team we have to go out to win no matter what. Hopefully I can score again in the Calderon and try to help my team win there."
The Colombia star added he hopes to see Ronaldo return to action swiftly after he was withdrawn with a muscle complaint.
"Cristiano just felt something during the match, hopefully it's not significant."

No comments:

Post a Comment